Making the Case
This page will help you prepare to talk to your supervisor to make the case for adding the Youth Summit at NFTY Convention to your professional development plan, and request that your congregation or organization cover the expenses to support your attendance. To assist you in requesting reimbursement, we’ve created a template letter to your supervisor.
Step 1: Itemize your expected expenses
Before you communicate with your supervisor to request to attend the Convention, we suggest you calculate the monetary costs you expect to incur:
- Registration Cost: Note that registration fees include all meals and hotel
- Transportation: airfare to and from Dallas
Step 2: Communicate the benefits to you, your team and your congregation/organization
To be the most effective in justifying support of your attendance at the Convention, clearly articulate the connection between your organization’s requirements and the Youth Summit at NFTY Convention program.
Some specific details to include:
- Focus on what you will specifically bring back as a return on your organization’s investment in you
- Offer to make a presentation to your colleagues upon your return from the Convention
- Explain how attending benefits you, your team, and your organization
- Demonstrate how you’re economizing with the expenses (carpooling, sharing a room, early bird registration, etc.)
For Small Congregations:
- We have a limited number of grants available for congregations with 250 or fewer households to help youth professionals and lay leaders get to NFTY Convention. Learn more and apply now >